Thursday, April 12, 2012

little pieces

At the end of last quarter and beginning of my spring quart (sniff, sniff, my last quarter as an undergrad) I was/am working on different little studies.. Here's the work!


I started with this drawing I made using sharpie markers.. my studio smelled good after a little while.


 Then I added it to one of my studies that's on an 8x10 canvas. The background is the same as my large otr painting. The black is sharpie again.


This is the same painting but the buildings are cut out (which shows the wall of my studio ha). This is not finished I want to do something to the wood that is exposed from the canvas, possibly stain it. 


Working from this picture I took at Streetvibes Christmas party, I painted the picture below. I used photoshop to manipulate this picture so that there were shapes. 


For this painting, first I drew the man using a regular pencil, then used some black oil paint and polyurethane to drip onto the canvas. I used polyurethane to keep the pencil markings on the canvas, then where the polyurethane didn't drip on I erased the markings. I am really happy how this turned out! So it might not be the last time you see this technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment